Sometimes it’s the little things that just make your day, you know? I mean, I know there are really big things to be thankful for this season: family, friends, health, etc…and I’m really thankful for those. But today, as I got ready for work, the little things just made my day. Here are five:
1) Clean socks. Yeah, I know. But we’ve been busy lately, and finding a pair, the GOOD pair of comfy socks to wear beneath my boots today was awesome.
2) A bagel. Somehow, even though I haven’t had time to hit the grocery store, there were fresh bagels (pumpkin no less) in the pantry!
3) The coffee pot was scheduled. Yeah, this is a huge one for me. I always forget to hit the on button before I go to bed. It was on today!
4) My phone was charged! Like many people, I truly believe, I drop my phone in odd places all over the house and forget to charge it before heading to work the next day. Today, it was right where it was supposed to be in the charger.
5) My gas tank was full. I vaguely remember making a mental note coming home from work yesterday that I needed to get gas today. But it was FULL!
Now, those of you much quicker than me are figuring out that these small blessings come from a really big one. A six-foot-five, dark, very sexy Italian who I live with. Big Tone hit the grocery store on his way home from work last night, folded the socks I’d left in the den, scheduled the coffee pot, found and charged my phone…and put gas in my car after taking our son to bball practice last night. All without saying a word.
So…in this season of being thankful, I am SO THANKFUL for big Tone. Everyone should have a sexy Italian in their house. 🙂