Hi all. First, a hearty congratulations to Megan and Shelley for winning the ARCs of Hunted. The rest of you — Stay tuned for more contests to come. (In fact, on Friday, I’ll be giving away an ARC on the Brava Blog). 🙂 ALSO: today I’m guest blogging over at Close encounters of the Night Kind. Please drop by and say hi.
A lot of writing has to do with good dialogue – often dialogue that is completely opposite to what a character is actually thinking. Here are eleven great movie lines – how many do you know?
1) “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
2) “I’ll have what she’s having.”
3) “You can’t handle the truth!”
4) “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.”
5) “Face it, girls, I’m older and I have more insurance.”
6) Are you crying? There’s no crying! There’s no crying in baseball!”
7) “…That they may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom.”
8) “I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper?”
9) “Show me the money!”
10) “Fish are friends, not food.”
11) “Of all the gin joints in all the world, she has to walk into mine.”