on December 1, 2011
Happy December! Yes, I write dark paranormals about vampires, shifters, and witches. But hey, just because they live in a dark and sexy world doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy the holiday season. The heroine of Claimed, Emma Paulsen, is a geneticist who finds herself mated to the king of the vampires. Although she’s rather busy, the woman loves Christmas. Here are the top five presents for Emma Paulsen:
1) A bat. Yeah, a Louisville slugger. The king is domineering and stubborn…his mate might need to clock him one once in a while.
2) A fan. The king is also sexier than heck. Dage can heat up a room.
3) Yoga for a Vampire Mate. The woman could use some down time. I mean, she’s been kidnapped by an evil vampire race, rescued by the sexiest vamp alive, and charged with creating a cure for a virus that may destroy her sister. Yoga might be good.
4) Immortality for Dummies. Emma is a scientist and thus feels the need to experiment a bit. In Claimed, she was rather curious about how quickly her thumb would heal if she broke it, not quite understanding that these things take time. One of the brothers…(well, you should read it).
5) A personal shopper. Let’s just say that sometimes the king gets a little impatient when it comes to clothing. I’m not sure how many of Emma’s outfits hit the floor in Claimed, but there were a few!