on December 12, 2011
Update: Michelle at True Books won the print copy of a book. The overall blog winner will be announced in a new post late tonight! 🙂
Two days. Eight Authors. Big prizes
We’re having some fun during this crazy holiday time talking music, movies, and more. Best of all, we’re giving away over $80.00 worth of prizes!
Two days. Tuesday December 13 and Wednesday December 14, 2011. Four blogs each day. All you have to do is show up and comment on each blog to be entered for the grand prize drawing of eight e-books and a $40 Amazon Gift Card! Just in time for the holiday season!
SO, I thought it would be fun to list ten cool quotes from Christmas movies. Go ahead and see how many you know — I’ll post the answers later this week. At the end of the list there will be links to the other blogs involved on this hop, as well as a way for you to get more chances to win in the hop as well as a chance to win a SIGNED copy of either FATED or CLAIMED…your choice. (The answers are now posted below the quotes).
10 COOL MOVIE QUOTES:
1) “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?”
2) “You are not exactly Superman, but you are awfully available.”
4) “Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl.”
5) “Great. I just beat up Santa Claus.”
6) “Even if we’re horribly mangled, there’ll be no sad faces at Christmas.”
7) “Sometimes seeing is believing. And sometimes the most real things in the world are those things we cannot see.”
8) “Surprised, Eddie? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.”
9) “You’re the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy’s right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you’re the Charlie Browniest. ”
10) “Christmas snow can never disappear completely. It sometimes goes away for almost a year at a time and takes the form of spring and summer rain. But you can bet your boots that when a good, jolly December wind kisses it, it will turn into Christmas snow all over again.”
Here are the answers:
- 1) It’s A Wonderful LIfe
- 2) White Christmas
- 3) Miracle on 34th Street
- 4) A Christmas Story
- 5) The Ref
- 6)The Grinch
- 7. The Polar Express
8. Christmas Vacation
- 9) Charlie Brown Christmas
- 10) Frosty the Snow Man
SO, here are the blog hoppers:
Leave a comment on EACH blog during the next two days, and you’ll be entered (25 times) in the drawing for the e-books and Amazon gift card. In addition, either click on and “like” my facebook page, or follow me on twitter for 10 more chances to win. (The links are up and over to the right). Finally…guess where a couple of the movie quotes come from, and I’ll enter you in the drawing to win a print copy of one of my books. 🙂
- Open internationally
- Contest runs from 2am (Eastern Standard Time) Tuesday December 13th, 2011 to Midnight (Eastern Standard Time) Wednesday December 14th, 2011. Winner announced Monday December 19th, 2011 on all of the blogs in the hop.
- Winner: You will have ten days (10) to contact us to claim your prize: (email@example.com) Failure to contact us within allotted time will forfeit your prize. We can then choose either to re-award the prize to another entrant or not.
- To earn the twenty-five (25) entries toward the grand prize you must comment on each of the eight blogs participating in the Holiday Blog Hop.
- Please remember it is illegal to sell, forward, give away or copy electronic books in anyway. Doing so violates copyright.
- If you are unable to leave comments on the blogs due to lack of internet connectivity/availability, you may enter via email to LynnRush@cox.net.
- Have fun!